Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 26 for 2018.
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education.
- All applicants must be single.
- All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
- NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is compulsory for the whole process.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 28 February 2019. Except for Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years.
- Serving personnel, Soldier /Rating/ Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
Available Departments & Qualifications:
For detailed Entry Qualifications according to departments /roles, click the link below;
>> Click Here Now
Method of Application:
- Interested candidates are advised to apply online at the Nigerian Navy e-Recruitment Portal, http://www.joinnigeriannavy.com
- Click on the Register button to create an account on the portal by providing a valid Email Address (which will be used as your User Name) and Password.
- Complete the Ratings Application form. Make sure you review your data carefully before submitting. You may log in at anytime before application closes to make changes after submission.
- On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s transaction ID.
- Download and print a copy of your completed Application form which must include the following parts:
– Applicant’s Declaration and Certification by Parent /Guardian form.
– Local Government Area Certification Form.
– Police Certification Form.
– Guarantor Form.
NOTE: Applications are free of charge. Applicants are to apply only once. Multiple online applications will be disqualified.
Aptitude Test Details:
Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on this website.
Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja – Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
b. Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School, Owerrinta.
d. Lagos – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
f. Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
i. Parents/ Guardian Consent Form.
ii. Local Government Attestation Card.
iii. Acknowledgment Form.
iv. Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants.
In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
Application closes on Wednesday, 14th November, 2018.
Best of luck To You all…
Nigerian Campus Forum Team